Analytical Testing License
Health Canada Analytical Testing License, What You Need to Know!
This License is for businesses seeking to alter the chemical or physical properties of medicinal and/or recreational cannabis products for the purpose of testing.
Analytical Testing license holders are allowed to possess small amounts of cannabis and alter its chemical or physical properties for purposes of analysis by any means, including with an organic solvent.
Analytical testing license holders may conduct activities that include, but are not limited to, any combination of the following testing processes:
- Chemical contaminants (e.g. heavy metals, solvent residues, aflatoxins)
- Microbial contaminants (e.g. yeast, molds, bacteria)
- Cannabinoid content (e.g. delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol [THC], tetrahydrocannabinolic acid [THCA], cannabidiol [CBD], and cannabidiolic acid [CBDA])
- Dissolution or disintegration
- Stability (e.g. if the license holder proposes to include a product expiry date)
- Other (e.g. seed viability testing)